Motorola Droid 3 Rom Install Tips
1. Learn how to SBF/ AP fastboot your phone before learning anything else. Watch my video. This is the most important thing to know how to do because you can recover from just about any problem by SBFing back to stock and you will be back to the way the phone was when you got it from verizon.
2. How to flash a rom with Safe Strap. First, root phone and install latest safe strap recovery app and install recovery from app. Next, reboot phone and when you see the safe strap screen, press the menu button to enter recovery or the search button to boot a rom. After pressing menu, the phone will boot to twrp recovery/SS and you will be on stock rom slot and you should make a backup. When the backup is made, hit boot menu and create a rom slot in slot 1. Pick your name and data size and when it is done activate it. Note: before flashing a rom or wiping anything, make sure your new rom slot 1 is green and activated. Now that you have a backup and an activated the rom slot, go to wipes. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory reset. Some roms ask you to wipe system. Now that you have a clean system, you can go to install and flash your rom and gapps if needed, then reboot. You will see the safe strap screen again. Just let it boot up and give the rom at least 10 minutes for first boot and enjoy.
3. If you want to return to your stock rom, just reboot and enter safe strap. Then hit boot menu, then stock, and activate. Then back out and hit reboot and stock rom will boot back up. This way you can boot which ever rom you want to.
4. Safe strap backups of stock slot should only be restored to the stock slot and backups of rom slots can be restored to any other rom slot.
5. You can install Clock work mod on the droid 3. It will be a bootstrap app not a recovery image and I highly recommend Safe Strap.
How to 1 click sbf restore the Motorola Droid 3
How to root your Motorola Droid 3
How to install Eclipse rom on the Motorola Droid 3
How to install and use safe strap recovery on the Motorola Droid 3
How to install CM11 on the Motorola Droid 3 using safe strap