Motorola Droid X2 rom install tips and tricks
1. There are two different Boot Strap Recovery apps that you need to use; the normal and the patched version. The normal BSR can be installed on all roms and stock verizon. The patched BSR is only for cm9, cm10, paranoid, and AOKP. To clarify, in order to install cm10 you need the normal BSR and then once cm10 is installed, then install the patched version.
2. Steps to flash a rom. First, make sure the rom is made for the android version you are running either 2.3.4 or 2.3.5. Next, root the phone and install the right BSR. Now use the BSR to boot into clock work mod recovery by plugging the phone into the wall charger and rebooting with BSR. You should boot up into CWM and you need to make a backup. Now that you have a backup or a nandroid, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (under advanced) and then wipe data/factory reset. Now you are ready to flash a rom. Hit install from sd card then pick your rom and gapps if needed and install. When the install is finished, reboot phone and you are done. Always give the phone at least 10 minutes to boot the first time and remember you never flash anything unless you have more then 80% battery.
3. How to restore a nandroid. If you have BSR installed but the phone will not boot because you messed it up, pull battery out of phone and put it back in. Plug phone into wall charger without turning it back on. The phone will power on by itself and enter CWM, now you can restore your nandroid.
4. Learn how to SBF your phone before learning anything else. This is the most important thing to know how to do because you can recover from just about any problem by SBFing back to stock and you will be back to the way the phone was when you got it from verizon.
5. Never use rom tool box or rom manager on the DX2 to install recovery or flash roms because these apps will only soft brick your device. Only use BSR
How to SBF restore and unbrick your Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid X2 BSR CWM recovery
How to bypass activation on the Motorola Droid X2
How to root the Motorola Droid X2
How to root the Motorola Droid X2 on android version 2.3.5
How to install CM10 on the Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid X2 rom MIUI 4
Super Fans always leave a comment :-)
2 thoughts on “Motorola Droid X2”
hi root junky, i used your tutorial to root my droid x2,what are some of the best apps to install ,and how do i install marshmallow 6.0 thanks,paul
I shared one of your articles and it will not let me read the entire article. Please help! Thanks!